Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Readers Really Do Judge A Book By Its Cover

I had a dilemma for the final book in the Luminary Saga, Flare. Should I continue with the concept of making each cover visually independent of the previous ones...or revert back to the basic design of the silhouette over a different background? After re-configuring the cover art with a new take on the silhouette, I thought the decision was made. But a book is never done until it's actually published. Which meant I had some wiggle room.

It's true what they say -- readers really do judge a book by its cover. 

Thus I went back to the drawing board -- quite literally.  Playing around with some of the themes explored in the last book in the series, I added images and subtracted them until I was happy with the result. This second option I honestly like better and think is more indicative of a major event in Flare.

So when Flare comes out in October look for the book cover (below) with the volcano (new design). The old design (far below) with the silhouette will not be used; if you're looking for that at your favorite booksellers you won't find it.

I don't have the exact date for Flare's launch  -- which is fast approaching -- but I will post it as soon as it's available.


Cheers,
P.S. Meraux

No comments:

Post a Comment